Chicken ‘à transmontana’ (chicken with fries)2012-11-09
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 1:05 h
- Ready In : 1:20 h
Rate this recipe:
A typical recipe that you must try! Chicken in the oven served with a delicious special sauce…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 small onion
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) margarine
- 25 grams / (1 ounce) flour
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Put the chicken pieces in a saucepan with water seasoned with some salt, parsley, nutmeg and peeled onion. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and simmer about 25 minutes. When the chicken is cooked, drain it and place on a plate (reserve the cooking water).
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Put the chicken in a baking pan together with the margarine. Season with sliced garlic and pepper and bake about 30 minutes until the chicken starts to turn slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into cubes and fry in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- In a saucepan, put 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) of the cooking water, lemon juice, egg yolk, flour and whisk until just combined. Bring the pan over low heat and stir with a spoon until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Turn off the heat and put the fries and the chicken on a platter. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.