Chicken with yoghurt2013-12-07
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:30 h
Rate this recipe:
This chicken recipe with yoghurt is very tasty, light and easy to prepare! Serve with fries and salad and it will be an excellent lunch for the whole family. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) natural yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 50 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, nutmeg, chopped garlic and lemon juice. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Put the olive oil, the onion cut into round slices and the bay leaf in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the chicken pieces together with the marinade, stir and cook over low heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the yoghurt, the mayonnaise and the chopped coriander. Add to the saucepan, stir and turn off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Put the chicken and the sauce on a baking dish and bake until the chicken start to turn golden, about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve the chicken with fries.