Chocolate and banana cake2017-03-25
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Going to receive friends at home and want to prepare a delicious and special cake? Try this chocolate and banana cake that has a perfect combination of flavors!!! Bon appetit!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 75 grams (2/3 cup) chocolate powder
- 2 bananas
- Zest of one lemon
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, the eggs and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate powder, the liquid caramel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold the bananas cut into round slices.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin
and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool to room temperature and serve.