Chocolate cake with caramelized pineapple2015-10-14
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 55m
This cake is a real temptation, mix the delicious chocolate taste with the caramelized pineapple. It’s an excellent cake to serve in a snack among friends! Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 200 grams (7 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened margarine
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 6 pineapple slices
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Pour 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)). Place the cake pan on the stove over low heat until caramelize the sugar (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized). Turn off the heat and place on the bottom of the cake pan the pineapple slices.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate broken into pieces and the margarine in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and mix together until obtain a creamy mixture.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Pour the chocolate mixture and the liquid caramel and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a quite creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cramelized pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool completely and serve.
Chocolate cake with caramelized pineapple
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices)
Total Fat: 13 g(20%)
Saturated Fat: 4.5 g(23%)
Cholesterol: 90 mg(30%)
Sodium: 85 mg(4%)
Total Carbohydrate: 45 g(15%)
Protein: 5 g