Chocolate ice cream2012-11-05
- Servings : 6/7 bowls
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 6:25 h
Rate this recipe:
Do yourself a delicious homemade chocolate ice cream! It’s easy, economic and the whole family will love it! Dare yourself!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to beat the cream
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- Place the chocolate broken into pieces in a bowl together with the margarine and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir with a fork until a creamy mixture.
- In a bowl, whip the cream and the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar and the egg yolks until obtain a quite creamy mixture. Pour the milk, the melted chocolate and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Add the whipped cream and fold gently with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture in a rectangular dish and freeze until set; about 6 hours or overnight.