Chocolate lemon marble cake2017-01-14
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 60m
Have visits at home and want to prepare a tasty snack? Make a hot tea and this chocolate lemon marble cake, it’s a delight and everyone will like! Try it!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate powder
- 5 eggs
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain homogeneous mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Divide the dough in two parts. In one of the parts add the chocolate powder and mix until it’s nicely incorporated. In the other, add the lemon juice and beat to incorporate.
- In the loaf tin, pour the dough alternately with a spoon, one with chocolate and the other with lemon and so on until finish the dough. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.