Chocolate roll cake2013-03-11
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
A chocolate roll cake very simple to prepare, confectioned with eggs, flour, sugar and chocolate powder, garnished with sugar and grated chocolate.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 25 grams / (1 ounce) chocolate powder
- Sugar for dusting
- Grated chocolate for garnish
- With an electric mixer, beat well the sugar with the whole eggs. Add the chocolate powder and then the flour, stirring constantly.
- Line a baking pan (30 x 20 x 5 centimeters / (11 3/4 x 8 x 2 inches)) with tracing paper, and spread the previous mixture on top.
- Bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 10 to 12 minutes (the time depends on the oven) ( must stay slightly toasted on top, and soft inside).
- Place a tracing paper on a tray with the measure of the dough and sprinkle with a little sugar. When the dough is cooked remove from the oven and turn the tray over the tracing paper sprinkled with sugar.
- Remove carefully the tracing paper and cut with a knife the edges of the cake.
- Roll the cake very slowly to not break. Roll up the cake and at the same time go removing the tracing paper.
- Place in a platter, sprinkle with grated chocolate and serve.