Chocolate sponge cake2013-10-13
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
Are you a chocolate and sponge cake fan? This chocolate sponge cake recipe is perfect for you. It’s a delicious cake and easy to prepare, fluffy and is good for any occasion.
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate powder and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.