Cinnamon cake with caramelized apple2017-09-08
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 60m
If you going to have friends at your house and want to prepare a delicious snack with excellent presentation, this cake aromatized with cinnamon with caramelized apple is perfect! Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 2 medium apples
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Pour 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)). Put the cake pan on the stove over low heat until caramelize the sugar (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized). Turn off the heat and put the peeled apples cut into slices on the bottom of the cake pan.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the cinnamon, the vanilla extract and mix for 1 to 2 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Cinnamon cake with caramelized apple
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 2 g(3%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 68 mg(25%)
Sodium: 27 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 40.5 g(14%)
Protein: 3.5 g