Clams ‘à bulhão pato’ (clams with lemon and garlic)2012-11-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 1:20 h
Rate this recipe:
Prepare a special appetizer for your family or friends. Try this typical Portuguese recipe of clams, the lemon juice aroma and the chopped coriander gives it a special taste that everyone will like…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) clams
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Place the clams to soak in water seasoned with salt about 1 to 2 hours. Wash them under running water before cooking.
- Place the olive oil and the chopped garlic in a skillet and saute over low heat about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the clams, stir, cover the skillet and cook over low heat until the clams open completely. Shake the skillet occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, season with pepper, lemon juice and chopped coriander and serve.