- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
If you like coconut this cake is perfect for you! Prepare this simple cake with the delicious coconut and milk aroma! Dare yourself!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 75 ml / (5 tablespoons) milk
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) grated coconut
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon liquid caramel
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (23 x 7 centimeters / (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs yolks with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the milk, the grated coconut, the liquid caramel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.