Cod au gratin2015-11-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Prepare this wonderful cod recipe in the oven with fries drizzled with cream and sprinkled with breadcrumbs. It’s a simple and very tasty recipe…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams (1 2/3 pounds))
- 1 medium onion
- 900 grams (2 pounds) potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) whipping cream
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the cod in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium low heat and cook about 5 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Remove the skin and bones and flake the cod in little pieces; set aside.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into thin sticks and fry slightly in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and the cod and season with a little pepper. Stir and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, pour the cream and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Place the mixture in a baking dish,
sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake until golden, about 35 minutes..
- Turn off the oven and serve.