Cod with black-eyed beans2013-01-28
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
A typical and very tasty recipe of cod sprinkled with a delicious mixture of chopped parsley and onion… Served with black-eyed beans…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) black-eyed beans
- 1 medium onion
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- Parsley (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the beans in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 30 minutes. When the beans are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the cod steaks in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the cod for approximately 6 to 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the cod; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix with a fork the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped parsley and some pepper.
- Place the black-eyed beans and the cod in a dish, season the cod with the onion parsley mixture and serve.
Cod with black-eyed beans
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 26.5 g(41%)
Saturated Fat: 4 g(19%)
Cholesterol: 138 mg(46%)
Sodium: 248 mg(10%)
Total Carbohydrate: 11 g(4%)
Protein: 60.5 g