Cod with crab sticks2013-11-17
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
A cod recipe with a fantastic mix of flavors, prepared with a delicious creamy sauce… Try it…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds))
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) crab sticks
- 1 carrot
- Pepper (to taste)
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Parsley (to taste)
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) béchamel
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the cod steaks in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When the water starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the cod about 5 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer. Remove the skins and the bones, flake the cod with a fork and set aside.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut into thin sticks, season with some salt and fry them in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper; set aside.
- Mix the béchamel and the cream with a fork.
- Put the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic and the grated carrots in a saucepan. Stir and saute over low heat about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the cod together with the crab sticks cut into pieces, stir, and pour the béchamel mixture. Season with pepper and cook about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then, add the chips, mix gently and turn off the heat. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.