Cod ‘à Gomes de Sá’ (cod with potatoes and eggs)2012-11-06
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
This typical Cod ‘à Gomes de Sá’ recipe is greatly appreciated and very easy to prepare, have excellent presentation and will delight any family. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 800 grams (1 3/4 pounds))
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 4 eggs
- Parsley (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the eggs in a saucepan with water. When the eggs are cooked, remove the peel and cut into round slices; set aside.
- Peel, wash the potatoes and put them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When the water starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and simmer about 20 minutes. When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the cod and cook about 6 to 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the potatoes and the cod with a skimmer.
- Let the cod cool slightly and remove the skin and bones. Flake it with a fork and season with a little pepper. Cut the potatoes into round slices and set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, the chopped garlic and the bay leaf in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown. Add the flaked cod and the potatoes, mix gently with a spoon and cook more two to three minutes over low heat.
- Turn off the heat, add the sliced eggs, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Cod ‘à Gomes de Sá’ (cod with potatoes and eggs)
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 30 g(46%)
Saturated Fat: 5 g(26%)
Cholesterol: 274 mg(91%)
Sodium: 277 mg(12%)
Total Carbohydrate: 53.5 g(18%)
Protein: 57 g