- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Serve this delicious cod lasagna recipe to your friends! It’s different, very tasty and they will love it and want to repeat…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds))
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Parsley (to taste)
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml / (1 1/4 cups) béchamel
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- Pepper (to taste)
- 8 lasagna sheets (about 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces))
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the cod in a saucepan with water and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 6 to 7 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and remove the skin and bones. Flake the cod with a fork and set aside.
- Bake the eggs in another saucepan. When the eggs are cooked, remove the peel and cut into slices, set aside.
- Put the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic in a frying pan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn slightly golden. Add the flaked cod, season with pepper and some salt and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- In a bowl, whisk the béchamel with the cream.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- In a rectangular baking dish, place two lasagna sheets, a cod and egg layer and two lasagna sheets on top. And so on until finish with two lasagna sheets. Pour over the top the béchamel mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Turn off the oven and serve.