Cod with mayonnaise2014-06-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
To innovate your cod recipes, here’s an excellent choice. Prepare this cod recipe with mayonnaise in the oven, it’s a delight and has excellent presentation!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 900 grams / (2 pounds) desalted cod
- 1 large onion
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) mayonnaise
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into round slices, season with a little salt and fry in very hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, put them in a dish with absorbent paper.
- Meanwhile, put the cod steaks in a saucepan with water seasoned with two bay leaves and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 6 to 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the cod with a skimmer. Let cool slightly and remove the skin and bones. Flake the cod with a fork and set aside.
- Put the olive oil and the chopped onion in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden brown. Add the flaked cod and season with pepper and oregano. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- On a baking dish, put a layer of potatoes, in the middle, a layer of cod and, finally, another layer of potatoes. Cover with the mayonnaise and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake until golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.