‘Coelho à caçador’ (stewed rabbit)2013-05-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:55 h
Rate this recipe:
Prepare this delicious rabbit recipe, it’s traditional, with intense and refined aromas… a delight… Come and try our recipe and prepare an excellent lunch for your family.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper (to taste)
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) red wine
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the rabbit with white wine, red wine, chopped garlic, bay leaf, pepper and salt. Let marinate for about one hour.
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, sliced onions, chopped parsley and the rabbit together with the marinade. Stir with a spoon and cook over low heat about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel, wash the potatoes and place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer about 25 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them with a skimmer.
- Turn off the heat and serve the rabbit with the potatoes.