Creamy watercress soup2012-11-10
- Servings : 5/6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
For a healthy and balanced diet the soup should always be part of any family meals. A traditional creamy watercress soup is perfect for the whole family and for any occasion before the main course. It’s to easy! Try it!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 liters / (8 1/2 cups) water
- A bunch of watercress (about 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces))
- 1 leek
- 1 turnip
- 4 carrots
- 3 medium onions
- 1 pumpkin slice (about 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces))
- 1 medium potato
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel and wash the carrots, the potato, the onions, turnip, pumpkin and the leek. In a large saucepan with 2 liters / (8 1/2 cups) water put the carrots, the pumpkin, leek, turnip, onions and the potato, everything cut into pieces. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 20 minutes. When all the ingredients are almost cooked, add the watercress and cook more 5 minutes.
- Remove briefly the saucepan from heat and use a hand blender to blend the soup until creamy. Season with olive oil and some salt. Stir and place the saucepan back on the stove over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.