Croaker in the oven with peas2014-01-22
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Croaker seasoned with salt, pepper and white wine, which goes in the oven with unpeeled potatoes, drizzled with a sauce confectioned with tomato, olive oil, onion, garlic, red pepper and peas.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 croaker steaks (about 900 grams / (2 pounds))
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) white wine
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) peas
- 1/2 red pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with salt, white wine and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes and cook them with the peel in a pan with water seasoned with salt.
- In a saucepan place the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, chopped garlic, bay leaf, the peeled tomatoes cut into small chunks, peas and the red pepper cut into strips. Cook over low heat about 20 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- In a glass baking dish, place the fish along with the marinade and the jacket potatoes. Drizzle with the previous mixture and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 40 minutes. Drizzle occasionally with their own sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve.