Cuttlefish with potatoes in the oven2013-04-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
The family lunches are always memorable, as well as the food that brings them together, try to prepare these cuttlefish with potatoes in the oven… Everyone will love it !! And remember…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) cuttlefish
- 2 medium onions
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash, clean well the cuttlefish and cut them into pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Place at the bottom of a rectangular baking dish the onions cut into round slices, and on top, the cuttlefish. Season with chopped garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for approximately 35 minutes. Occasionally drizzle the cuttlefish with the sauce.
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes and place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 25 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them with a skimmer.
- Remove briefly the baking dish from oven and add the potatoes. Drizzle everything with some of the sauce and place the baking dish back in the oven until the potatoes start to golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.