Dogfish ‘à lagareiro’ (cod with olive oil and baked potatoes)2015-01-21
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Dogfish can be prepared in various ways, have you tasted dogfish à lagareiro? Try, it’s delicious!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 dogfish steaks (about 900 grams (2 pounds))
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 250 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil
- 10 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Wash well the potatoes and place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium heat and cook for 20 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and give a small cut with a knife on each one.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Place the fish in a baking pan together with the chopped garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Place the potatoes in another baking pan. Bake simultaneously the potatoes and the fish (the fish baking pan at the bottom grid and the potatoes baking pan in the top grid) about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, sprinkle the potatoes and the fish with chopped parsley and serve.