Economic cod in the oven2014-05-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:30 h
If you like cod and want to prepare a simple recipe in the oven with few ingredients, this is undoubtedly a recipe you will like! Bake the flaked cod, the potatoes and onion cut into slices and drizzle with olive oil and lemon. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams (1 2/3 pounds))
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 1 large onion
- Juice of one lemon
- Pepper (to taste)
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the cod in a saucepan with water about 5 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it and remove the skin and bones. Flake the cod with a fork and set aside.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into round slices, and cook them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- On a baking dish, place a layer of sliced onion, a layer of potatoes, a layer of cod seasoned with pepper and, finally, another layer of potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and bake for about an hour.
- Turn off the oven, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
Economic cod in the oven
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 37.5 g(48%)
Saturated Fat: 5.5 g(28%)
Cholesterol: 103 mg(34%)
Sodium: 207 mg(9%)
Total Carbohydrate: 51 g(19%)
Protein: 48.5 g