Egg white cake2015-10-04
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Have invited your friends for a snack and do not know what to do? This egg white cake is the solution, simple and great to serve with coffee!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 5 egg whites
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened margarine
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- Some drops of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the softened margarine, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a very creamy mixture. Pour the milk, olive oil, and the liquid caramel and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. After everything well beaten, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites with some lemon drops.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve with a nice hot coffee.