- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Do you want a nutritious cake, tasty and with excellent presentation? Serve this English cake in a snack with friends, a delight!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) candied fruit
- 25 grams / (1 ounce) nuts
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) softened margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 25 grams / (1 ounce) peeled almond
- 25 grams / (1 ounce) raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (27 x 10 centimeters / (10 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar together with the lemon zest and the margarine until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the eggs and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. After everything well beaten, fold with a spatula the candied fruit, the nuts broken into small pieces, the almond and the raisins.
- Pour the dough into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool completely and serve.