Farófias ‘Portuguese sweet’2012-11-06
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
We present a very tasty traditional dessert that everyone will love! This delicious sweet is simple, easy to prepare and has excellent presentation.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 eggs
- 650 ml (3 cups) milk
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cinnamon powder (to taste)
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Dissolve the corn starch in 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk.
- In a saucepan place the remaining milk, the lemon peel, cinnamon stick and the dissolved cornstarch flour. Boil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- When the milk starts boiling, reduce to low heat and remove the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel. Add beaten egg whites portions with a spoon and go turning until they are cooked.
- When they are cooked, turn off the heat, drain them well with a skimmer and place in a bowl (reserve the milk).
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks and the sugar until a quite creamy mixture. Add to the milk that is in the pan, stirring constantly. Place the pan back over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until obtain a creamy texture, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Pour the cream over the cooked egg whites and sprinkle with cinnamon powder. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Farófias ‘Portuguese sweet’
Nutrition facts per serving (6 servings)
Total Fat: 5 g(8%)
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g(11%)
Cholesterol: 118 mg(39%)
Sodium: 94 mg(4%)
Total Carbohydrate: 24 g(8%)
Protein: 7.5 g