Fennel honey cake2014-02-17
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
This fennel honey cake is ideal to serve with tea on a cold winter night! It’s simple, quite pleasant and has a mix of flavors that it’s worth a try!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel powder
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 4 1/3 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs together with the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the olive oil, honey, fennel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool and serve.