Fish rice with shrimp2016-10-15
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 60m
Want to prepare a delicious and nutritious fish meal? You must try this fish rice recipe with shrimp! It has excellent presentation and is ideal for a family lunch!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 ling fish steaks (about 900 grams (2 pounds))
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 450 grams (1 pound) shrimp
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- Coriander (to taste)
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with some salt.
- Place the fish in a saucepan with water seasoned with coriander. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. When the fish is cooked, drain it and let cool a little (reserve the cooking water). With the help of two forks, remove the skin and bones and flake the fish into pieces; set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp in a saucepan with water and a unpeeled small onion. Boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. When the shrimp is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and let cool. Peel the shrimp, season with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a saucepan place the olive oil, chopped onion, the peeled tomato cut into small pieces, the peppers cut into strips and the chopped garlic. Place the pan over low heat and cook until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the fish pieces and season with a little pepper. Stir and cook about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the rice and season with some salt. Pour the cooking water (enough water to completely cover the mixture), stir and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the shrimp, stir and cook for more 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve immediately.