Fish in tomato sauce2012-11-07
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
You have no idea what to make for dinner and want to prepare a quick meal? This fish recipe in tomato sauce is perfect for you, it’s very tasty and simple to prepare. Serve with boiled potatoes or white rice.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 fish steaks (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) of any type of fish)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with a little salt and pepper.
- Place the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, a bay leaf, the peeled garlic and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the fish, drizzle with white wine, stir and cook with the pan covered about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and serve the fish with boiled potatoes or white rice.