French toast (Portuguese style)2012-11-06
- Servings : 16 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
If you want to prepare something simple, easy and sweet for Christmas, you are in the right place! French toast is a typical, simple and delicious sweet that is usually prepared in the holiday season.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 1 loaf of bread (about 16 slices)
- Milk to dip the bread
- 3 to 4 eggs
- Granulated sugar and cinnamon for dusting
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut the bread into slices.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Dip the bread slices in milk and then in beaten eggs.
- Heat a frying pan with vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add the bread slices and fry them on both sides until golden. When the slices are fried, remove them with a spatula and place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Let cool slightly and coat them in sugar mixed with cinnamon.
French toast (Portuguese style)
Nutrition facts per serving (16 slices)
Total Fat: 2.5 g(3%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 41 mg(14%)
Sodium: 274 mg(12%)
Total Carbohydrate: 19.5 g(7%)
Protein: 4.5 g