Fried cod with tomato sauce2013-10-24
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
Cod coated in egg and flour, fried in vegetable oil, served with fried potatoes, drizzled with a sauce confectioned with tomato, onion, garlic and white wine, seasoned with pepper, sprinkled with chopped coriander.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into round slices and fry in hot oil. When they are fried reserve them in a platter over absorbent paper.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan place the olive oil, chopped garlic, the onion cut into round slices and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Leave to sauté on a low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the white wine, stir and simmer about two to three minutes. Turn off the heat, season with a little pepper and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Set aside.
- Coat the cod steaks in beaten egg and then in flour.
- Heat a frying pan with oil. When is hot, add the cod steaks and fry them on both sides until they turn slightly golden brown. When they are fried, place them on a platter over absorbent paper.
- Serve the cod and the fries drizzled with the sauce.