Fried horse mackerel with tomato rice2018-03-03
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 1:25 h
Want to prepare a homemade and traditional food? And what about fried horse mackerel with tomato rice? The horse mackerel are very tasty, crispy and the creamy tomato rice gives the special touch to the recipe! Try it!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) horse mackerel
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- All-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil to fry the fish
- Salt (to taste)
- Clean the fish and season with salt. Let marinate for about 1 hour.
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion, the chopped garlic and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir, pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the salt from the fish and dry them with a cloth. Coat the fish in flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, add the fish and fry them on both sides until golden brown. When the fish is fried, put them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the horse mackerel with tomato rice.