Homemade chocolate cake2014-08-12
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
If you want a simple and easy cake to prepare, we have the perfect solution for you! Try this delicious homemade chocolate cake! This chocolate cake with the light flavor of the olive oil will surprise by the taste and delicious appearance.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 125 grams (1 cup) chocolate powder
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (24 x 10 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 1/2 x 4-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks and the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the chocolate powder, olive oil and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the whipped egg whites and fold gently with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold. Let cool completely and serve.
Homemade chocolate cake
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices)
Total Fat: 5.5 g(7%)
Saturated Fat: 1 g(6%)
Cholesterol: 59 mg(20%)
Sodium: 40 mg(2%)
Total Carbohydrate: 28.5 g(10%)
Protein: 3.5 g