- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 2:05 h
- Ready In : 2:10 h
This hot wine is perfect to serve on festive days with friends or on those cold winter nights. It’s a comforting and slightly sweet drink.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 1.5 liters (about 6 cups) red wine
- Peel of three lemons
- Juice of three lemons
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Peel of one orange
- Juice of one orange
- 1.5 liters (about 6 cups) water
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) brandy
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) golden yellow sugar
- Pour the red wine, lemon peels, lemon juice, orange peel, orange juice, water and the cinnamon stick in a saucepan and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer for about two hours.
- Add the yellow sugar, stir and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, turn off the heat. Pour the brandy, stir, cover the saucepan with a lid and cool slightly.
- Strain the wine and serve.