Lemon chocolate cake2017-07-12
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Want a sweet and fresh cake for hot days? We have the ideal solution for you, lemon chocolate cake, it’s fresh and quite tasty with the lemon and chocolate fusion. Serve with a fruit juice and get a perfect snack! Try it!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- Juice of one lemon
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 75 grams (2 2/3 ounces) dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Cut with a knife the chocolate in small pieces.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the lemon juice and mix for 1 to 2 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture. Finally, fold with a spatula the chocolate pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool completely, garnish with lemon slices and chocolate and serve.
Lemon chocolate cake
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 3.5 g(4%)
Saturated Fat: 2 g(9%)
Cholesterol: 56 mg(20%)
Sodium: 27 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 24.5 g(8%)
Protein: 3.5 g