Lemon yogurt cake2014-06-17
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Want to prepare a pleasant cake and with excellent presentation for snack? Simple, quick and with the delicious lemon and yogurt aroma this cake will amaze your friends and family.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 250 grams (1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) lemon juice
- Zest of a lemon
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) natural yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Then, add the lemon juice, yogurt and beat about 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Lemon yogurt cake
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 1.5 g(2%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 42 mg(14%)
Sodium: 25 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 29.5 g(11%)
Protein: 4 g