Lemon yoghurt cake2014-06-17
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Simple, fast and with a delicious lemon and yoghurt aroma this cake will surprise your friends and your family.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- Juice of a lemon
- Zest of a lemon
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Then, add the lemon juice, yoghurt, vanilla extract and beat about 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.