- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:10 h
- Ready In : 1:20 h
Rate this recipe:
To prepare a dinner that everyone likes, this meat lasagna recipe prepared with the typical Portuguese ingredients is the perfect meal!! Everyone will like, try it!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) minced beef
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) minced pork
- 8 lasagna sheets (about 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces))
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 ounces) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 500 ml / (2 cups and 2 tablespoons) béchamel sauce
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) grated cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the peeled tomato cut into small pieces and cook until the tomato start to break down. Add the minced meat and season with a little salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir and cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Mix the whipping cream and the béchamel.
- Put on the bottom of a baking pan two lasagna sheets and, on top, a layer of meat. And so on until finish with two lasagna sheets. Drizzle with the béchamel mixture, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.