Meat and potato pie2013-11-03
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
Do not know what to do with the minced meat you have in the fridge? Prepare this delicious meat and potato pie recipe! It’s simple, quite tasty and has excellent presentation! Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced beef
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced pork
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) shortcrust pastry
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) potatoes
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) grated cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Put the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the chopped onion in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the minced meat and season with a little salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir, cover the pan and cook over low heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel, wash the potatoes and cut into small cubes. Season with a little salt and fry them in hot oil (do not fry too much the potatoes). When the potatoes are fried, put them in a dish with absorbent paper.
- Add the potatoes to the meat saucepan and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Mix everything gently and turn off the heat. Drain the meat and the potatoes and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Line a pie pan (24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with the shortcrust pastry and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Mix the béchamel, the egg yolk and a few drops of lemon juice until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the meat and the potatoes over the pie and drizzle with the béchamel mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve the pie with lettuce and tomato salad.