- Servings : 16 units
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
Meat puffs very simple to prepare, with a filling confectioned with minced meat seasoned with garlic, pepper, nutmeg and salt, cooked in a sauce of tomato, olive oil and onions.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) minced beef
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) minced pork
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 450 grams / (1 pound) puff pastry
- Season the meat with chopped garlic, pepper, nutmeg and salt. Mix well the seasonings in the meat and set aside.
- In a pan, place the olive oil along with the chopped onion and the peeled tomato cut into small cubes. Leave to sauté on a low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the meat with the seasonings, stir with a wooden spoon and cook over low heat about 20 to 25 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Place the puff pastry over a table. Extend it with the help of a rolling pin. Cut small rectangles and place on top of each one small portion of the meat. Close the pastry over the meat. Give small cuts with the help of a knife on top of each one and brush with beaten egg. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.