- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 2:55 h
Rate this recipe:
The traditional meatballs are always delicious, tasty and ideal for any family dinner or with friends.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) minced beef
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) minced pork
- Oregano (to taste)
- 4 Portuguese chorizo slices (about 25 grams / (1 ounce)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- Enough water to cover the meatballs
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) Port wine
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel the skin off of the chorizo and chop it well in a food processor or blender.
- Mix the minced pork with the beef. Season with salt, pepper, chopped chorizo, nutmeg, oregano, three chopped cloves of garlic, egg yolk and Port wine. Mix with your hands and let marinate about two hours.
- Mold the meat with your hands in the shape of balls and coat them in breadcrumbs.
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the remaining chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the meatballs, pour the water (enough water to cover the meatballs) and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spoon.
- Turn off the heat and serve the meatballs with mashed potato.