Monkfish in the oven2014-12-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:35 h
Delight yourself with this monkfish recipe in the oven, easy to prepare and very tasty at the same time.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 monkfish steaks (about 1kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- Juice of one lemon
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) small potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the monkfish with lemon juice, white wine, pepper and salt. Let marinate about one hour.
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes and place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium heat a cook about 30 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them, allow to cool slightly and remove the peel.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a baking pan, place the onions cut into round slices and the unpeeled crushed garlic (place the garlic on a table and use your hand to press the flat side of the knife against the garlic. The garlic will easily crush under your weight). On top, add the potatoes and the monkfish with the marinade. Drizzle everything with olive oil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.