Monkfish rice with clams2013-04-13
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
Monkfish rice with excellent presentation, very simple to prepare, monkfish mixed in rice and clams, sautéed in olive oil, tomato, garlic and onion, sprinkled with chopped coriander.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 450 grams / (1 pound) monkfish cut into cubes
- 1 large onion
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) clams
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1/2 green pepper
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 tablespoons) rice
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- In a pan, place the olive oil, chopped onion and the chopped garlic. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn slightly golden. Then, add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the red pepper cut into strips. Leave to sauté until the tomato start to break down. Place the monkfish and the clams, stir, drizzle with white wine and cook over medium heat more five minutes with the pan covered. Stir once in a while.
- Add the rice and season with a little salt and pepper. Stir, pour the water (enough to cover completely the mixture), simmer and cook about ten minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Cover the pan, leave to rest about five minutes and serve.