Octopus ‘à lagareiro’ (octopus with potatoes in the oven)2012-11-07
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 1:10 h
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
A very tasty typical Portuguese recipe, cooked octopus that goes in the oven with jacket potatoes, seasoned with garlic, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with chopped coriander.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) octopus
- 1 small onion
- Salt (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of parsley
- Coriander (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Clean and wash the octopus. Place it in a pressure cooker with water seasoned with a sprig of parsley and a unpeeled onion. Leave to cook about 35 minutes. When the octopus is cooked, remove to a plate and set aside.
- Wash the unpeeled potatoes. Place the potatoes in a pan with water seasoned with a little salt and cook. When they are cooked, place them on a plate.
- Place the octopus and the potatoes in a glass baking dish. Season with the chopped garlic and the bay leaf. Drizzle with olive oil and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 30 to 35 minutes. Once in a while drizzle with their own sauce.
- Turn off the oven and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- Our recipe has been featured on Momondo.com