Octopus in the oven with chestnuts2015-01-28
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:05 h
- Ready In : 1:20 h
If you want to prepare an alternative but delicious recipe, you must try our recipe of octopus in the oven with chestnuts. Ideal for a family lunch in the Winter.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) octopus
- 900 grams (2 pounds) potatoes
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces) chestnuts
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) white wine
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the chestnuts in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling , reduce to medium heat and cook for about 30 minutes. Drain the chestnuts, allow to cool slightly and peel them. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a pressure cooker with water seasoned with salt cook the octopus about 30 minutes. Turn off the heat, drain the octopus and allow to cool. Cut the octopus into pieces and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). In a baking pan, place a layer of onion cut into round slices and, on top the octopus cut into pieces. Season with pepper and chopped garlic, place on top a layer of potatoes cut into cubes, and finish with a layer of sliced onions. Season with salt and a little more pepper and drizzle everything with olive oil and white wine.
- Bake about 30 to 35 minutes. Then, remove briefly the baking pan from oven and add the chestnuts. Place back the baking pan on the oven about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, sprinkle the octopus and the potatoes with chopped coriander and serve.