Orange and cinnamon cake2017-07-28
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Going to invite friends to your house and want to prepare a simple cake? We have the perfect solution for you, this cake mixes the delicious orange taste with cinnamon, one of the most appreciated spices! Try it, you will love the fusion of these two flavors…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the orange zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the orange juice, the cinnamon and mix for 1 to 2 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool to room temperature and serve.