Orange cocoa cake2014-08-02
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
This cake will sweeten your day! It’s a very delicious cake with the fusion of the amazing cocoa and orange flavors that combine great together. Eat a slice with tea, is delicious…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (about 1 cup) brown sugar
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 4 eggs
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks, sugar and the orange zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Pour the orange juice, cocoa powder, yogurt and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the dough into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Orange cocoa cake
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 2.5 g(4%)
Saturated Fat: 1 g(5%)
Cholesterol: 70 mg(23%)
Sodium: 75 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g(9%)
Protein: 4 g