Orange and milk cake2015-04-19
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
A quick and simple cake to prepare, a tasty orange and milk cake, ideal to serve with tea in a family snack.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) softened margarine
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and the sugar. Add the softened margarine and whisk until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Then, pour the milk, orange juice and the orange zest and mix everything well. Finally, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and whisk until the cream thicken.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin
and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool completely and serve with tea.