Orange mousse with chocolate cream2013-01-05
- Servings : 4 bowls
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 3:25 h
In those hot summer days a fresh dessert is always a good option! We suggest this mousse with the delicious orange aroma topped with chocolate cream. It’s easy to prepare and has excellent presentation!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) orange juice
- 2 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- For the cream:
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate powder
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) powdered sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened butter
- In a electric mixer, beat the cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Store in the fridge.
- Put the gelatin sheets in water about 5 minutes. Drain them and put in the microwave for 15 seconds. Remove from microwave, add the melted gelatin sheets to the orange juice and mix well.
- Add the orange juice mixture to the whipped cream and fold gently with a spatula. Pour the mousse into individual bowls and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- For the cream:
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the butter and the milk until obtain a quite creamy mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the powdered sugar and the chocolate and beat until a consistent cream.
- Remove the mousse from the fridge. Put the cream in a pastry bag and garnish the bowls. Refrigerate for more 2 to 3 hours.
Orange mousse with chocolate cream
Nutrition facts per serving (4 bowls)
Total Fat: 40 g(62%)
Saturated Fat: 25 g(126%)
Cholesterol: 124 mg(41%)
Sodium: 170 mg(7%)
Total Carbohydrate: 58.5 g(20%)
Protein: 4.5 g