- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 5:30 h
Rate this recipe:
A delicious pudding, quite refreshing and with excellent presentation, prepared with condensed milk, gelatin sheets, cinnamon, orange juice and eggs, topped with caramelized sugar.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 397 grams / (14 ounces) condensed milk
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar to caramelize
- 4 eggs
- 5 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) milk
- Place the sugar in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat and caramelize the sugar until obtain a brownish color. Turn off the heat and pour the caramelized sugar in the bottom of a pudding mold (16 x 10 centimeters / (6 1/3 x 4 inches)).
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- Place the gelatin sheets in a bowl together with the milk about four minutes. Melt in microwave about 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and dissolve the gelatin in the milk with a spoon.
- With an electric mixer beat well the condensed milk with the egg yolks, orange juice and the cinnamon. Add the dissolved gelatin sheets and the milk and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Add the egg whites to the previous mixture and fold gently with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding mold and refrigerate about five hours until solidify.
- Remove from fridge, unmold onto a plate and serve.