Pasta with minced meat in the oven2013-03-05
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Want an easy suggestion for dinner that everyone likes? Make our simple and delicious minced meat with pasta in the oven…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) spiral tricolor pasta
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced pork
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced beef
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- Parsley (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 small onion to cook the pasta
- Mix the minced meat and season with salt, pepper, chopped garlic and nutmeg.
- Place the olive oil, two chopped onions and the peeled tomato cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Then, add the minced meat and cook over low heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the meat is cooked, turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley; set aside.
- Meanwhile, place on high heat a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and a small peeled onion. When the water starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat, add the pasta and cook about 10 minutes. When the pasta is cooked, drain it and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- In a bowl, mix the cream with the béchamel.
- In a rectangular baking dish, place a layer of pasta, on top a layer of meat and, finally, a layer of pasta. Cover with the béchamel mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly golden.
- Turn off the oven and serve.